In a homeschooling house full of 7 kids & 3 guniea pigs....there is never a dull moment! A lot of people show genuine concern for us and want to know how we are doing, as the road we've left behind was not a pleasant one. So, here I am, to tell some of our stories...share some of our days...and open up a part of our world to you! Come join us on our journey so you won't miss the moments that take our breath away!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

With so many things to be Thankful for, I too WISH and HOPE!

During the month of November, I reflected daily on the many things that I was thankful for each day from November 1 until Thanksgiving!  While I could never list them all, each night, I listed the first thing that came to my mind.

I am a very blessed woman!  I have so much to be thankful for...but I also have a wish (well, lots of them actually) and I hope for many things....

I wish that my younger three children will always love me the same as they do now.  That they will never be taught that I am less of a mother or less deserving of them because I can't afford things I used to be able to.  I wish that they will always know that the amount of money I have to spend on them is no indication of the amount of love that I have for them.  I wish that they will never fall under influences of people who do not like me.  I wish that I will not be faulted for paying the price I paid to protect them.  I wish that no one will ever tell them that they wished they lived with someone else because it would be "better" because they think having a better house and more money makes for a better life.  I wish that no one will tell them that where they live is so terrible.  I wish that no one will ever try to manipulate them.  I wish that no one will ever tell them how terrible it must be to have younger siblings.   I wish that no one will ever try to turn them against me or my other children. 
And...
I wish....
That my older kids would not have fallen victim to all of those things.
And...
I hope...
I hope that my older three children know that I will always love them the same as I do now.  I hope that they know that I am not less of a mother and that I still deserve them even though I can't afford things I used to be able to.  I hope that they will always know that the amount of money I have to spend on them is not an indication of the amount of love I have for them.  I hope that they stand up to the people that do not like me.  I hope that they are proud of the price WE paid for me to protect them.  I hope that they never wish they lived with someone else because they think a a better house and more money means a better life for them.  I hope that they know the difference between the "house" that we used to have and the "home" that we live in now.  I hope that they will not be manipulated by others.  I hope that always realize how lucky they are to have their younger siblings.  I hope that they will always love me for who I am and not hate me because they were convinced that I am someone different.

I am a very blessed woman! 
I am proud of who I am.
I am a wonderful mother, I know it and anyone who knows me knows it.

The place I call home, the amount of money I have...those things do not make me a worse mother. 
I was strong enough to PROTECT my children, 
"THAT" makes me a "BETTER" mother! 

I just HOPE that someday my kids will know THAT!


"Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving." ~Dan Millman




 

No comments:

Post a Comment