In a homeschooling house full of 7 kids & 3 guniea pigs....there is never a dull moment! A lot of people show genuine concern for us and want to know how we are doing, as the road we've left behind was not a pleasant one. So, here I am, to tell some of our stories...share some of our days...and open up a part of our world to you! Come join us on our journey so you won't miss the moments that take our breath away!

Monday, January 6, 2014

In 2014 I will be a VOICE...Will you???

Happy 2014!  I'm making this year a turning point for me!!  It's time to find "me" again and time to somehow find a way to move forward!  It's time to start making my hopes and dreams reality.

I feel renewed and hopeful and a bit fearful for all the things this year has in store for me and my family but I will be optimistic!

Today, marks another "anniversary" for us, but it will also mark an anniversary now for a friend and right now, I have no words...

6 years ago today, I left my home with my kids safe in tow and I turned my husband into the police for the crimes he committed against at least one of my children.  No physical evidence...just the TRUTH...words from a strong and courageous child who should never have been put in her position, a man who testified on his own behalf , along with a jury and judge human enough to make the right decision!  We are beyond blessed that the judicial system did not fail my daughter.  My husband is serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole, which trust me is far less than what he deserves for his crimes.  However, the judicial system is still failing others.  

THIS is my friends precious, violated little girl who must not only live with what has been done to her and her family BUT she also has to live with knowing justice was NOT served for her and the fact that her abuser is now enabled to continue to victimize others (and this was not his first time getting away with it).  THIS should NEVER happen.  Today should have been a victory for them, not a third chance for her abuser!  

They left a prosecutor's office today without the ability to seek justice for her daughter or the ability to stop him from striking another innocent child again.  The pain and "that" feeling in my stomach that I felt on those days 6 years ago...(Jan 4 when my daughter told me, Jan 6 when we left and I turned him in, Feb 22 the day of his indictment, that day trial was supposed to begin in August, the 3 days of trial in Oct, the day of his conviction, etc)...the way she feels right now, it NEVER goes away, EVER!!  Whether justice is served or not, no matter how happy she is in her life...I can say, 6 years later, the pain is just as RAW as it was this day 6 years ago.  So, this news hits me very HARD, especially today!  Words can not describe the way I feel for her right now.  Even though my husband got life, it still feels like it's not enough so I can only hope that the horror stories you hear about the life these pedophiles life in prison is true and that he fears every single day he wakes up for the rest of his undeserved life.  To have the system turn their back on my friends little girl and to enable the cycle to continue with this young man leaves me with one of the most sick feelings I have ever felt!!  

I will continue to raise awareness.  
I will keep sharing our story.  
I will keep advocating! 
I will fight...
for my own children, 
for your children 
and for their children's children...
today,
tomorrow
and ALWAYS...
for as long as I live!


In 2014, I will be a VOICE....will you?  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. I am in tears knowing that each year on this date I am going to remember how justice was not served for my precious baby. And every April 26th I am going to remember the words that haunt me.

    The good news in all of this is that Kayley is so strong. She may only be 5 but she's dealt with this and has moved on. I suppose now it is time for me to follow her lead. I wish I could shout all over social media exactly who did this to my little girl. Without charges being pressed though, it turns into a tricky thing. :(

    I pray for him though. I pray that he admits what he's done, I pray that he seeks help, and I pray that he never does this again!! Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Kayley will still make a difference! You may never get justice in your case but you WILL educate, encourage and empower others to seek justice in their own cases! No amount of "justice" is ever going to be enough here on earth and like you've said "...the ultimate judge will sort this out".

      I wish I could tell you that with time, it will get easier and that you will forget the words that haunt you....but I can tell you, that I will be there for you!

      Delete