In a homeschooling house full of 7 kids & 3 guniea pigs....there is never a dull moment! A lot of people show genuine concern for us and want to know how we are doing, as the road we've left behind was not a pleasant one. So, here I am, to tell some of our stories...share some of our days...and open up a part of our world to you! Come join us on our journey so you won't miss the moments that take our breath away!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award


I received a Versatile blog award from Renita at Krazy Kuehner Days.  She does an amazing job blogging about all of the awesome things they learn about and I absolutely love her "weekly wrap-ups"!!  I have to admit, I loved their recent trip to Israel and how they learned about the Deep Sea (a place I'd love to see).  I'm new to following her blog, but everyday I find more and more awesome ideas or links to other wonderful blogs...i have literally just found myself lost in her creative ideas...and ONE of these days I am going to have a "sensory box" like her! 

I've always had a passion for writing and since I never pursued any opportunities with this talent of mine, blogging is a great outlet for me!  It's so great to see my group of follower's grow, it shows me that this blog is worth the time I put into it and it was so neat to be recognized with this blog award!  So, thanks to all of my readers, whether you "follow" or not and thanks to Renita for my cool little award :)

I hope to find time to blog more often...I know how inspiring it is to read other blogs and I like knowing that people actually "get" something from visiting mine. 

On to the "rules" of this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Answer 10 questions
3. Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award






The 10 Questions...

                                                      1. Why did you create this blog?
I created this blog because people are always asking things about us.  We left a painful road behind us and people have a genuine concern and want to know how we are doing.  Blogging was a great way to keep everyone in the know and I have hopes of sharing our story again some day and give other women the courage to make the same choices that I have made.
 
In addition to that...people are always asking me questions about organizing, homeschooling, breastfeeding, cooking for my large family, parenting topics, how I run my household, etc.  
 
Overall, blogging was a way to share what's going on in our family, how I hold it all together, to be an inspiration and support to those who need it and to share all of the things people are constantly asking me about :)
 
2. What kinds of blogs do you follow?
Mostly, homeschooling and large family blogs but I also following a few people on their journey after suffering a traumatic experience and of course...I follow my flock, lol.
 
3. Favorite make-up brand?
Oh...I remember make up!  I always wore Clinique, but in the most recent years, I have become a Mary Kay girl...ahhh, if only I could afford it now.
   
4. Favorite clothing brand?
Is "pajamas" a brand, lol!  Well, occasionally when I have to leave the house, I can be found wearing an outfit from New York & Co. or Old Navy.
 
5. Indispensable makeup product?
 Without a doubt, Mary Kay full coverage foundation...Beige 400 to be exact (in case someone special wants to remember me on my birthday or something).  I have HORRIBLE skin and this actually covers it up :)
 
                                                                  6. Favorite color?
Actually, I love darker colors (browns, maroons, etc.).  I don't really have a favorite...although, if "sunlight" was a color...I'd choose that, so maybe...yellow!






                                                                7. Favorite perfume?
For the past 12 years or so...it's been the sweet smell of a new baby, lol.  If only someone could bottle that smell!  On the rare occasion that I try and cover up that smell, it's usually with Ceasars for Women.
 
                                                                     8. Favorite Film?
Wow...when is the last time I could actually watch a movie, let alone remember it as my favorite... "The Green Mile" was prolly my favorite....next to "Dying Young" and  "An Officer and a Gentleman"....Most recently...I'm such a kid at heart...I love "Twilight".  I'm sure there are many others....I love movies, just wish I had more time to watch them nowadays :)
 
 
9. What country would you like to visit and why?
I would love to travel the world, but I can't veer too far from home, as leaving the country is not an option for us...so I really have no desire to think about going somewhere if I could.  If I did, I wouldn't be able to pick one that I would most like to visit anyways.  I would love to float in the warm, salty waters of the Dead Sea which I think is located between Israel and Jordan.  Years ago, a local news anchor took her daughter there for medical treatment for a skin disorder and I followed her blog for a while.  I was always so intrigued about it and it looks like such an amazing place.  I've even lost my dream of traveling to Venice, Italy...which was always a lifelong dream...it's funny how times change things.

10. Would you rather forget to put mascara on one eye or forget blush on one side of your face?
 I wish I needed blush..but my cheeks are so rosy anyways...I don't even own blush....so, since you wouldn't notice anyways...I'll go with blush!
  Now...to pass an award to 7 blogs that I enjoy (in no particular order)....
 

 Roscommon Acres



1 comment: