In a homeschooling house full of 7 kids & 3 guniea pigs....there is never a dull moment! A lot of people show genuine concern for us and want to know how we are doing, as the road we've left behind was not a pleasant one. So, here I am, to tell some of our stories...share some of our days...and open up a part of our world to you! Come join us on our journey so you won't miss the moments that take our breath away!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Greatest Show on Earth

If an outsider were to enter our house, they would feel like they've just entered a 3-ring Circus.  If a stranger sees my flock pile out of our van...they may mistake it for a clown car.  As the ringleader around here, I am constantly trying to keep things running smoothly.  However, despite my best efforts, things often get out of hand.  Most of the time, I have to turn into a referee...rarely do I get to sit back and enjoy the show!

Last night, Cardinal spent the entire evening playing with the little ones.  They were all behaving so well and they were having so much fun!  It didn't take much convincing on their part to talk me into getting them a few little treats for their latest endeavor.

Years ago Cardinal used to produce little "shows"...she'd choreograph them all herself, assigning everyone their own little part in the play.  I really didn't realize what they were up to last night, but just thought they were playing "Circus".  They asked if I would get them popcorn bags and cotton candy.  So off I went, to make my little ones happy!

Hours later, at what should have been bedtime...they all came down to paint clown faces.  As I began to frown upon this brilliant idea, I couldn't help but to smile at how well they were all getting along for once.  I couldn't bring myself up to breaking up their little clown party, so they carried on about their way and not long after, I had four little clowns running around way past their bedtime.

Eagle the Clown

Emu the Clown

Macaw the Clown (she's the crazy one)


Duckling the Evil Clown (don't be fooled by her sweetness)

Soon I was invited to see The Greatest Show on Earth! 
I entered into the room of darkness, with only the shinning spotlights that where dancing in the dark, just like a real circus (thanks to Hawk who was hiding out on the top bunk). 


What is a circus without visiting the concession stand?
I was greeted by the cutest little clown, who was happily selling Cotton Candy...although, he was just as eager to give it away.  Standing next to him was a smililing evil clown, who definately seemed up to no good.  She was very protective of her bags of popcorn, but so long as you did things her way, you were lucky enough to walk away from her stand with a bag to call your own! 


You can't have a Circus without popcorn and cotton candy, and could there be a cuter clown to serve you?

Our Circus even had a McD's on location...how lucky is that!

I think he is daring someone to take his Cotton Candy!


Get your popcorn here....if you DARE!


 I barely made it to my seat before the dancing clowns hit the floor!




I'm not sure this was actually part of the act, but yet more so...just Emu being "Emu"...always looking for trouble!



There was even a Monster Truck show!



Then, the Clown Act....where all the clowns, except for Emu who rode away on his horse, were defeated by the Mighty Evil Clown (well...not really because the real evil clown decided to take a seat and watch the show instead, but thankfully Hawk was able to fill in and the show went on)!
 

Just the Evil Clown, sitting back enjoying the show!

Undefeated...Emu rides away on his horse!

Eagle and The Bee...defeated by the Evil Clown

Macaw and her Mighty Dinosaur....also defeated!


and so the show shall end with a parade of animals...a gift to each of the attending guests!


There it was..."The Greatest Show on Earth"...right in the bedroom of my wee little clowns!  How lucky am I to have such an opportunity awaiting me each and every day...to have these wonderful memories to look back on...for these moments that take my breath away!



No comments:

Post a Comment