In a homeschooling house full of 7 kids & 3 guniea pigs....there is never a dull moment! A lot of people show genuine concern for us and want to know how we are doing, as the road we've left behind was not a pleasant one. So, here I am, to tell some of our stories...share some of our days...and open up a part of our world to you! Come join us on our journey so you won't miss the moments that take our breath away!

Friday, August 26, 2011


Whew!  We made it to Friday :)
Wow, what a busy just flew by!  We usually try and have "Free Day Family Friday's", but we planned on working today, as we are trying to "get ahead" for the weeks we will be gone.  

As always, my morning didn't go as planned.  I was not feeling well at all last night, but ended up sleeping it off and getting a good night's sleep while I was doing it.  My alarm went off at 6am and I was actually ready to get up, but Duckling had other plans for me.  I snuggled with my little nursling for about 45 minutes...then it was time to get busy.  She started her day with me (way to early for her)...but she had a bananna and a cup of milk and enjoyed watching Elmo while I did a few chores.  She soon drifted off to sleep on the couch for a bit until the others started coming down.  

Macaw and I started her day with the story of "Three Billy Goats Gruff".  While she made a Goat Toilet Paper Tube Craft, I read her the story.  She enjoyed acting out the story afterwards with her new little goat friend.  Next, we worked on her letter for the day, which was letter "Bb".  She practiced writing and also formed letters Aa and Bb with clay.  We then moved on to her rhyme, which was Jack and Jill.  I found a few crafts/activities so while Emu and Duckling worked on a color-by-number , she worked on finger puppets and sequence cards.  We then took a break for a while before making a pail craft (we just took small bathroom cups, punched two holes on opposite sides and attached a pipe cleaner handle).  I then wrote the rhyme on the cup.

Then, it was off to the Pulmonologist with Eagle.  We packed up the netbook and a few workbooks, but we didn't get much accomplished....oh well, I guess we get an "A" for effort.  Eagle's lung condition has held fairly steady since January, so he had a great visit!

Cardinal and Hawk took their day off and by the time we had dinner, the rest of our day was shot.  Apparently, the little ones have adjusted to our school schedule because by 7:30 they were starting to beg to go to bed.  At 8:30, poor Emu just couldn't wait anymore.  He had been begging for his shot for at least a half hour, so....he got his injection and off the little ones went to bed.

Our house hasn't taken too bad of a beating this week, so it's time to tidy up a bit and get ready for our weekend.  It's another weekend away for us...sigh....busy, busy, busy! 

We've linked up with the "Not" Back to School Blog Hop this week, so hop over there and give them a visit!  I've enjoyed visiting the blogs of fellow homeschoolers this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment