In a homeschooling house full of 7 kids & 3 guniea pigs....there is never a dull moment! A lot of people show genuine concern for us and want to know how we are doing, as the road we've left behind was not a pleasant one. So, here I am, to tell some of our stories...share some of our days...and open up a part of our world to you! Come join us on our journey so you won't miss the moments that take our breath away!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mmmmmm! Chicken-etti

Once a week, my family is forced to try a new dish!  We started this a few months ago and I think only once dinner was so horrible that we had to rush out to get pizza.  It is very difficult to come up with new things and/or venture outside of our comfort zone but I must say, we have been introduced to some great recipes! 

Tonight, we tried Chicken-etti.  I found this recipe on Josh & Anna Duggar's website.  It was absolutely amazing!  Once again...SCORE, everyone in the flock liked it!

I decided to double their recipe and I'm glad I did because it left us enough for leftovers (that doesn't happen much around here).  It was just my lucky day because Diced Chicken was on sale, so I cheated a bit and thought convience was definately worth saving a few $. 


While I was waiting for my spaghetti to cook, in a seperate pan, I added a bit of vegtable oil in the pan and heated the chicken up.  I sat that aside and then using a large saucepan (I melted my sauce on the stove because I didn't have a big enough microwave safe bowl), I mixed the Ro*tel, Velveta, Cream of Chicken Soup and Milk and stirred until it was melted.  By this time, my spaghetti was finished and sat aside.  I spread the spaghetti in the baking dish, then poured the cheese sauce on top.  Then, I sprinkled the chicken over the top of the noodles 


and covered it all with cheese! 

It baked until the cheese was all melted!

It was so yummy!  I've already had requests for the recipe...so, here is how I made it!

2 cans of Ro*tel
2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
2 cups of Milk
32 oz. block of Velveeta Cheese (cut into cubes)
2 packages of Spaghetti Noodles
1 bag (22oz) Diced Grilled Chicken Breasts
2 1/2 cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Heat a few tablespoons of oil in frying pan, add chicken cook until heated through, set aside.  Combine first four ingredients in saucepan and stir until melted.  Boil spaghetti noodles, drain and spread in a 9 x 13" pan, add cheese sauce and mix throughly.  Top with chicken dices and mozzerella cheese bake in oven at 35o until cheese melts.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment