In a homeschooling house full of 7 kids & 3 guniea pigs....there is never a dull moment! A lot of people show genuine concern for us and want to know how we are doing, as the road we've left behind was not a pleasant one. So, here I am, to tell some of our stories...share some of our days...and open up a part of our world to you! Come join us on our journey so you won't miss the moments that take our breath away!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Because you have to know how to splash in a mud puddle before you can learn how to dance in the rain!


I've always learned how to survive the storm and I got pretty good at it....I never learned how to dance in the rain, until Falcon came along...and oh, how we loved to dance in the rain!  We could weather through the toughest storm and we were always happy enough to dance in the rain...well, not always.  Even the ship with the biggest sail can sink in the roughest storm, right?  Well, one thing is for sure...my kids have learned that!

I had always hoped that my kids would learn how to dance in the rain, just by watching mom and dad...but that will never be, so now I'm left to teach them on my own...eventually. 

It will be a long time before I'm happy enough to dance in the rain, but I still hope they somehow learn.  I figure they have to know how to splash in a little mud puddle before they can learn to dance in the rain anyhow...now, teaching that part, I can handle...so, no better day than today to start learning just that!

The first step to learning how to dance in the rain

Her first genuine smile in more than a week!


It's not fishing...but it's the next best thing

Learning to stick together through one of life's roughest storms.


Learning that it really hurts when you fall....

...but there is always someone right there to pick you back up....

...and at the end of the night, there's someone who loves you enough to hold you tight!



Tonight, was the first time Emu mentioned daddy and the first time he really showed that he was missing him.  Not to say anything bad about daddy, but Emu just doesn't show emotion or express himself the same as everyone else.  Don't get me wrong...Emu is quite disturbed by the sudden absence of his daddy.  But, tonight...Emu says to me "Mommy, will you take me fishing"? and I said "Emu, mommy doesn't know much about fishing".  Emu says "well, if daddy was here, he'd take me fishing...but daddy isn't here anymore".  "Oh, Emu...we'll find someone to take you fishing".  Emu, obviously assuming I meant we'd find a new daddy, says "well, new daddy's don't know how to fish as good as daddy".  I reply by saying "well, sure they do Emu, maybe they fish even better".  Poor Emu then puts his head down in his saddened Emu kind of way and he says "but, I don't want to take someone else's daddy away from them"!  My heart just melted...where does he get this stuff?  His little heart is so broken and confused and he if finally expressing himself.  I just had to change the subject...and so, we went and splashed in mud puddles.

I hope their hearts don't hurt for long, I hope their confusion soon clears.  As we tough through this storm together, at least today, they smiled.  Hopefully...maybe someday, Emu will forget all about not having a daddy to take him fishing and he'll learn to like splashing in mud puddles more than he liked fishing...so that someday, he can teach his someone how to dance in the rain...the way his daddy once taught me.


No comments:

Post a Comment